Parish Council Minutes February 2017


If you are having problems with the menu, please refer to the Site Contents instead.

Buy the Devon Dialect Alphabet Book

Tracey Elliot-Reep

Dartmoor Christmas Trees

We are hosted and supported by UK Web Hosting

WIDECOMBE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a meeting of the Parish Council held on Thursday 2 February 2017 in Church House, Widecombe

Present: Councillor Newbolt-Young (Chairman), Booty, Morley, Routley and Southcombe Also present: County Cllr Gribble

Members of the Public: There were three members of the public present.

Clerk: Suzanna Hughes

4085 RESIGNATION & APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

(a) Members received the resignation of Cllr Whale. The Chairman thanked Cllr Whale for his contribution to the Council over the last couple years,

(b) Apologies were received from:
- Cllr G Fenton
- Cllr M Welby
- District Cllr Jeffery

4086 OPEN FORUM

A parishioner informed members that he and his partner were the applicants for 0039/17 which was to be discussed at item 4093 (a) and they were present to answer any questions if necessary.

A parishioner informed members that he was the applicant for 0676/16 which was to be discussed at item 4093 (d) and he was present to answer any questions if necessary.

4087 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST & REQUESTS FOR DISPENSATIONS

Councillors were reminded of their responsibility to continually update their Notice of Registerable Interests and to declare any disclosable interests, including the nature and extent of such interests they have in any items to be considered at this meeting. Unforeseen requests for a Dispensation to be considered at this point only if there was no way a Councillor would have been aware of such before the meeting. There were no declarations of interest.

4088 RATIFICATION OF MINUTES

The minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 5 January 2017 were approved and signed by the Chairman as a true and correct record.

4089 POLICE REPORT

No report.

4090 COUNTY COUNCILLOR’S REPORT

Cllr Gribble commented on the well-attended memorial service to Anthony Beard in Exeter Cathedral. In 2017/18, Bovey Rural will receive an additional £33,000 for road repairs. He commented that the CCTV at Newbridge is now up and running. He advised members that he has received correspondence from Miles Fursdon about the gritting routes and in particular, the fact that DCC will not grit Ponsworthy Hill (i.e. the route to Ashburton School).

4091 DISTRICT COUNCILLOR’S REPORT

No report.

4092 DELEGATE REPORTS

The Chairman also praised the memorial service to Anthony Beard which he had attended.

4093 MATTERS ARISING

(a) Defibrillator

Members received the terms of the licence agreement to be granted by TDC allowing the defibrillator to be mounted in the bus shelter with an electricity supply from the adjacent public toilets which was agreed and signed by the Chairman.

Members also received a quotation from Totally Wired of £400 to install the defibrillator which members agreed to accept. It was agreed that the clerk and Cllr Southcombe would meet with the electrician to agree the exact location for the defibrillator.

It was agreed that Cllr Southcombe would be appointed ‘guardian’ for the defibrillator with the responsibility of carrying out its monthly checks and sending them to the Ambulance Service. The clerk would look into producing an appropriate governance document.

(b) Parish Field

Members received a quotation for installing fencing along the top of the bank between the Parish Field and the car park (approx 90 metres) from Matt Storrs. The quotation of £650 was accepted.

(c) Proposal for new village hall

Members received correspondence from Yvette Elliott updating members about the progress to date in exploring the possibility of a new village hall. She advised that a Chartered Engineer will be conducting site visits at four proposed locations to make an initial assessment of suitability. Cllr Southcombe agreed to meet with the engineer at the Parish Field and Tennis Courts. Members were also informed that visits have been arranged to three village halls and any councillor wishing to join the Committee would be very welcome. Cllr Southcombe offered to join the Committee on these visits. It is planned that questionnaires will be sent to households in the parish and members agreed that they would be happy to support the distribution of these questionnaires. A question was also asked about whether the Council would offer financial assistance towards the cost of the feasibility study. It was agreed that members would be open to offering some support if deemed appropriate depending on how money was required and for what purpose.

(d) Annual Parish Meeting

The date of the meeting was confirmed as Wednesday 15th March at 7.00pm in Church House. After a discussion, it was agreed to invite Toby Russell from the Devon Air Ambulance Service to talk about the potential night-flying landing site in Widecombe. Usual reports would be invited from groups and organisations in the parish.

(e) Parish Records

Members received a request from Widecombe History Group to transfer some more documents, which have now been digitised, to the Records Office. This was agreed.

(f) Electoral review of TDC

Members received and noted The Local Government Boundary Commission’s final recommendations for Teignbridge District Council. A full copy of the report is available a www.lgbce.org.uk.

4094 PLANNING

(a) New applications:

(i) 0039/17 - Construction of single storey side extension, roof extensions with balconies and front entrance porch canopy at Moorings, Widecombe-in-the-Moor Members agreed to support this application.

(ii) 0020/17 - Repairs and refurbishment both internal and external to include downpipes, gutters, replacement windows, replacement window furniture, replacement doors, replacement ceiling, installation of roof vents and replacement of floor slab at Ponsworthy Mill, Ponsworthy Members agreed to support this application.

(iii) 0003/17 - Domestic use of land and buildings at Higher Natsworthy Farmhouse, Widecombe (Certificate of Lawfulness) Members agreed to make no comment on this application.

(iv) 0676/16 - Agricultural building (retrospective) at Blossom Farm, Widecombe-in-the-Moor Members agreed to support this application.

(b) Decisions:

(i) 0631/16 – Insertion of doors, windows, roof windows and construct balcony at first floor level plus internal alterations to use the store as accommodation at The Coach House, Widecombe-in-the-Moor. Members noted that DNPA has granted conditional planning permission.

4095 FINANCE AND GOVERNANCE (a) Payments for approval:

The following payments were approved:
- Cheque no 000940 - Clerk’s salary and disbursements (Feb) - £235.37
- Cheque no 000941 - Church House (hire of halls for PC meetings from April 2016 - March 2017) - £110

The clerk advised that DCC has confirmed that it is not responsible for the Triangle in front of Church House.

4096 HIGHWAYS

4097 CORRESPONDENCE

None.

4098 MATTERS OF INFORMATION AT THE DISCRETION OF THE CHAIRMAN

The Chairman advised that he had contacted Mel Stride MP about the lack of protection for Parish Councils against threats made against members from planning applicants dissatisfied with the Parish Council’s opinions. It was understood that this will be forwarded to the Secretary of State for consideration.

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.40pm.

Signed .................................................. Dated ..............................................

The next meeting of the Parish Council will be held on 2 March 2017 at 7.30pm


The information on this page was last modified on February 27 2017 18:38:27.


Widecombe-in-the-Moor - The Heart of Dartmoor

Site Copyright © 2017 Widecombe History Group Registered Charity Number 1144684

Home  Contact Us  Site Contents  Site Search  Message Board  History Group  Parish Council  Privacy  Terms